milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I think my fish are running away :(
i bought 4 bala sharks and 4 clown loaches
it's ben good for about a month now.
and today i look and see 3 bala sharks and 1 clown loach...
what the hells eating my fish!

the arowanas dont seem to have a big stomach and neither does my lima.. i dont know what it could be.

untill i find out who is eating what.. im takeing the balas out and putting them into my 75gallon, takeing the last clownloach and putting him in the 75
and takeing my 2 bichirs and putting them in my 20gallon long...

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
you have a top??

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Yep, glass top no spaces at all. i found 1 more clown loach but thats all :(... i think something is eating them. It might be my lima.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
;) bigger mouths than ya think. def a prime cantidate:D

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Or my bigger arowana... i dont think he coulda done it though... grrr... i dont care what my fish eat as long as my 2 arowanas, my baby oscar, and my lima dont get eaten im fine.. im takeing my 2 small bichirs and 2 royal plecos out tomorrow.. i dont want them getting eaten.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Sorry to hear this....Here's my hypothesis....Someone tagged the target fish, somehow disabling it...After working on it as much as it could, other fish started picking on it...There's no carcas because probably the Arowana swalloed the whole thing...

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I dont see how though the arowana was maybe 7" while the bala was 4" my baby oscar is smaller than the bala why dident they eat him?

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
You's be surprised by how wide Arowana mouths actually stretch out too....I've purchased 7-8" aros...Correct me if I'm wrong, but 7-8 inchers are the popular sizes that most lfs sale these days...Fact is, I've fed lg feeders, and even hoppers(young mice) to this size of aro successfully....I remember obviuos bulging of the stomach, but no extreme bulging...After an hour or two, the bulging of the waist significantly decreased to almost "normal" size...So with that being said, it is highly possible that the silver is finishing off the carcases....MAybe he's not doing the killing, but chances are he's finishing the remaining larger pieces...BTW, check your filter(s) for any body parts/pieces of meat...If you find any evidence of body parts, this'll rule out your fish jumping the plank...

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
hmm, ill check the filters. Maybe my arow did eat the fish. O well wasent like it was a dat or something that was $$$ that he ate... i'm removing the remaining fish tomorrow.

removed from the 120gallon to grow out more:
clown loaches
bala sharks
2x 2" royal plecos
2 5" bichirs

the rest will stay in the 120gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store