Fish Tank In The Garage

Rossy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
Austin
I know there are a few other topics about this. I live in Texas and during the summer it gets really hot. I'm just hoping there are some kind of fan I could use. I have a L shape garage. Don't laugh at me about this please.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What about one of those units that keeps the space cool as it pulls the hot air out through the roof?

FishEZ

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 16, 2017
Brampton, Ontario
www.fishez.ca
I would never laught. My fish room is in the garage also. It gets hot here in the summer (So Cal) so I have had a few issues. But I have tried opening the garage in the evening time, letting all the hot air out, then keeping the garage enclosed during the mornings and it keeps the night temperatures in. Then only when it gets too hot, do I open the doors and let the hot air out. Texas has a lot of humid weather too, so depends on where you are at, (which part), a cheap way to go is to use a swamp cooler for the garage if the humidity doesn't get too high.

Reactions: pescado209

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What is a swamp cooler?

FishEZ

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 16, 2017
Brampton, Ontario
www.fishez.ca
A swamp cooler is an old term for an evaporator cooler. Evaporator coolers work well in less humid areas, typically deserts use them a lot because they are very cheap to run (one small water pump) compared to air conditioning that uses a condenser.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting,thanks for explaining.

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
If you got a spare fridge you could hook it up to the tank. And cool the beer.
It's been discussed before I think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store