Fishing snakeheads carp

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
stotty;595669; said:
Very cool got any other pics what sort of size have you caught them up to.
Biggest was around 30" and smallest were round 5"
Ive caught maybe 20 or more this year alone.
Cautching them on 1/4oz spinners and 1/4 Cranks

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
stotty;595913; said:
Yep love my Fox stuff they are a set of RX's state of the art 3 years ago but every thing has moved on now but they do every think i need;)
yeah, they are perfect. all those newer series are crap compared to rx imo :)

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
StiffMeister;596944; said:
yeah, they are perfect. all those newer series are crap compared to rx imo :)

Tell me about it my mate bought a set of the Solar ones what a load of junk it rained all night and the things would not stop he had to turn them off and bring his rods in. I see you got the Daiwa reels there a firm favourite of mine as well clutches on them are better than the Shimano I have.;)

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
yeah, these daiwas i have are pretty affordable and top notch imo. i have them for 5 years and never had a problem. also use twinpowers for short range and must say they dont disappoint either ;)

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
StiffMeister;597627; said:
yeah, these daiwas i have are pretty affordable and top notch imo. i have them for 5 years and never had a problem. also use twinpowers for short range and must say they dont disappoint either ;)
Yep i have had my Daiwa Infinity for about 4 Yeas and they have been in the water with me a few times they are still the best reels i have ever had.:headbang2

So what do you fish for? Carp Pike or just an all rounder?

old.jpg

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
well, tbh i was a pure carp fisher but lately, due to my study away from my gear, ive invested in some pike stuff to be able to fish here too. Man, this year was a bad carp year, only went fishing 8 times :(
At least now i have some catching up to do next year.
Really like your setup bro :)

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
I used to fish at least twice a week every week for the last 5 years but due to other commitments family and work I haven’t got in ½ the amount this year. As for the fishing gear thanks ;) my fish room is ½ fish room ½ tackle shop. I am very fortunate as one of my friends owns a LFS and one of the others owns a tackle shop. What with the 4 rod set up for carp another 2 rod set up for my boy the 2 lure rods the 2 spare pike rods and various other float quiver tips I have the things coming out of my ears really looking forward to getting a bit more lure fishing in over the winter. By the way you only went 8 times but did you catch?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store