Fishkeeping Logs/Journals

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
No but I will once I get my gulper catfish.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Does anyone else here keep a really detailed fishkeeping log/journal? I started doing it not that long ago, and I usually write about 50 pages per month.
How many aquariums do you have to fill those many pages? One day I hope to reach that level of Aquarium keeping.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I have a diary which I use for all things fish related. I tick off my weekly water changes, I have reminders in there of when my pumps are due to be taken apart and cleaned, I have reminders of when my bio media is due a rinse, I log the dates of new fish bought/fish deaths. I log details of when equipment is changed ie, heaters, pumps, powerheads etc. On the rare occasions I test my water I note down the results.

And of course the most important entries in my fish log, that my wife never looks at, are the phone numbers of all my mistresses!!!!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I had a book like that but failed to keep it up to date since it got buried in schoolwork. I'm considering making an application for this purpose for my IT practical project next year.

Reactions: tlindsey

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I plan to start one after thanksgiving when I get my group of lyonsi and record their progress,behavior, preffered temps, aggression, breeding habits,etc. I feel there isn't alot of info specific to the amphilophus lyonsi species out there. I also love watching fish grow and develop so seeing peoples journals is a favorite of mine on this forum like Jexnell Jexnell and his current one on sagittae.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Mine are simple logs of water parameters.
I watch to see trends in new tanks, (or old) to indicate when or how often water changes are needed, such as a rising trend in nitrate, or how long it takes to drop in pH and/or alkalinity.

After putting in a new piece of equipment, trend indicate if the new equipment actually does the job it is intended for, or is touted to do....
or ...... after adding new fish, does water chemistry change in any significant way to determine need for more or larger water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store