Flatfish

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Does anyone know where I could buy a freshwater flatfish that most represents a summer flounder? Are any of the species aggressive and eat feeder fish and live shirmp? I have minimal knowledge on these fish and would love to learn more about them and own one. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Ive looked at them on google befor and afew places came up that could ship to you. there also called freshwater sole or sole fish. There not expencive at all but Ive only seen them sell at an inch or two and Ive seen alot of pages say the max out at 6 inch :( wich kind sucks. but there still really sweet but I dont think they would do well with my rays but good luck!

fishe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2012
NY
I was browsing petco and i was really surprised when i saw them in a tank. Got one but it would not eat anything, i tryed crushed pellets, flakes, black worms, krill, and live but after 4 weeks it just died, i thought id give it a try for 3$$

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I know this is an ancient thread, but I wanted to mention:
Those little flatfish are probably hogchokers. They need brackish water, a lot of live/frozen food, sand substrate to bury themselves in, and plenty of room to swim around in. They are native to the Hudson River, and just about any other brackish water between Texas and Newfoundland, so they can take a variety of temperatures and big salinity swings, but really don't belong in a tropical freshwater aquarium.

jaspergeli

Feeder Fish
Jan 3, 2018
Guys, I have a question, so there's a rare counterpart of the flatfish which is the opposite side of the normal side, right? For example, the Indian halibut is normally right-eyed, the rare counterpart is the left-eyed. If I try to breed the left-eyed one with another left-eyed, are the offspring left-eyed too?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Guys, I have a question, so there's a rare counterpart of the flatfish which is the opposite side of the normal side, right? For example, the Indian halibut is normally right-eyed, the rare counterpart is the left-eyed. If I try to breed the left-eyed one with another left-eyed, are the offspring left-eyed too?
No idea if it is even genetic,but would be cool to try

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store