flower horn fish

Vinod J

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2005
India
I got a new flower horn fish a couple of weeks back. This is around 4" and well built. The horn of the fish has not yet come up. I also heard that the female flower horn fish does not get horn . Is this true.

However, the color of the fish is slowly turning red at the bottom and looks good now.

Regards,

Vinod

Vinod J

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2005
India
I also got a devil fish. This was black with dark strips. Surprisingly when i saw this in the morning the color had changed. It had dark strips but the over all color of the body was half white.

I have a doubt if this is devil fish or something else.

Now when the lights are off the fish turns dark and when the lights are on it becomes faded.

Can any one tell me what kind of fish is this .

Regards,

Vinod

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Both Flowerhorn and Red Devil are cichlids and the males both will get that “bump” on their head. Red Devils, it is actually not as easy to find a stripped Red Devil they used to be all the rage a couple of years back. Red Devil will change to all kinds of Red, Orange, Black, and White combination but as it will get older it will stick to one color or two colors.

What kind of a setup are they in?

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
Hey Vitality, Is that a Tilapia Butterkoferi as your avatar?

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
As far as the flowerhorn goes, I am new with flowerhorns but I have a relativley small pair right now, but I've noticed as the male grows it gets the hump but the female hasnt devlpoed one yet. As far as I know the female is supposed to have a small hump, not as big and noticable as the males. I am not positive though, check it up on the internet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store