Flower Horn

addi_gold

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2017
Is these flowerhorn babies or normal chichlid babies? If flowerhorn then which type of flowerhorn? And they are gonna get humps or not?

20180349_1811362335547560_1052164145_o.jpg 20196293_1811362418880885_1907155185_o.jpg 20216675_1811362512214209_1983979472_o.jpg

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Well they have tht trademark pattern of a flowerhorn.. so yes it is a fh.. zhenzhou i think. both males from the looks of it. in terms of kok, try giving them proper diet and a proper environment. enhancing the kok is best when one is in a single tank. and the food has a mojor priority to grow his kok. try it out. u might not know for sure? where did u bought it?

addi_gold

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2017
Well they have tht trademark pattern of a flowerhorn.. so yes it is a fh.. zhenzhou i think. both males from the looks of it. in terms of kok, try giving them proper diet and a proper environment. enhancing the kok is best when one is in a single tank. and the food has a mojor priority to grow his kok. try it out. u might not know for sure? where did u bought it?
I have 6 Fh babies in one tank... i bought these from a store near my house... they had not developed any color yet so i am a bit confused that which fh to keep as i have only one tank....??

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
I have 6 Fh babies in one tank... i bought these from a store near my house... they had not developed any color yet so i am a bit confused that which fh to keep as i have only one tank....??
what are their sizes now and how big is ur tank? i wouldnt keep 6 fh in one tank. i have two in my 30gallon and they fight. when one is becoming more dominant they will tend to pop out more, in terms of color and kok size. but then, the non-dominant will have a very slow development and possibly become stunted. if you start to see them chasing each other then you will want to consider putting them elsewhere asap. when i choose flowerhorn fries i would usually choose the ones with the most patterns, and if they have a small size kok which i can barely see, i would choose tht.

addi_gold

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2017
what are their sizes now and how big is ur tank? i wouldnt keep 6 fh in one tank. i have two in my 30gallon and they fight. when one is becoming more dominant they will tend to pop out more, in terms of color and kok size. but then, the non-dominant will have a very slow development and possibly become stunted. if you start to see them chasing each other then you will want to consider putting them elsewhere asap. when i choose flowerhorn fries i would usually choose the ones with the most patterns, and if they have a small size kok which i can barely see, i would choose tht.
I have a 20 gallon tank... they all are about 1 inches and they chase each other.... It is very difficult to choose which one is better they all look almost same.... or should i buy a bit bigger fh (with better color and kok) and sell all these....

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
I have a 20 gallon tank... they all are about 1 inches and they chase each other.... It is very difficult to choose which one is better they all look almost same.... or should i buy a bit bigger fh (with better color and kok) and sell all these....
I also bought mine at 1inch. when i chose them in the fry tank, they were one of the fries that have pretty pearls. and now at about 1.5+inch in my tank one look like dis, i fed them okiko head huncher.
19893807_1402061243162767_423828244_o.jpg

Reactions: BIG-G

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Its up to you what to do, a 20gallon is not enough for even one single fh. u can buy a high quality one though. most fries in fishstores are low grade. i bought my fhs at a local flowerhorn enthusiast, which i got for really cheap. u just need to know how to look at real quality ones. yours looks good actually at 1inch.. already have tht pearls. keep one and see what it will look like.

addi_gold

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2017
Its up to you what to do, a 20gallon is not enough for even one single fh. u can buy a high quality one though. most fries in fishstores are low grade. i bought my fhs at a local flowerhorn enthusiast, which i got for really cheap. u just need to know how to look at real quality ones. yours looks good actually at 1inch.. already have tht pearls. keep one and see what it will look like.
Ok thankx alot.. I will decide which one should i keep

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store