Flowerhorn cichlid and black convict fry

Travissssss

Feeder Fish
Feb 15, 2016
Hey guys I'm a newbie and this is my first batch of fry. I don't know how it happened but my flower horn and black convict reproduced and I don't really know how to take care of them. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I found them this morning and was shocked I managed to separate most of them. I'll take some pictures and show you what I did for the time being. I also read to crush up my cichlid pellets into a powder and put some of that in with the fry so they can eat. Again I have no idea what I am doing and I'm just looking for some advice.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Congrats! Nice fish you got there. As far as the fry grow out but do you have a plan for them or do you want to keep a lot of them? You can get another tank and grow them out but cons and FH will reproduce all the time for you now. Feed them brine shrimp, crush flakes and or crushed pellets. Its advised to get another tank for them so they can grow quicker and not die from over crowding.

Reactions: Travissssss

Travissssss

Feeder Fish
Feb 15, 2016
Congrats! Nice fish you got there. As far as the fry grow out but do you have a plan for them or do you want to keep a lot of them? You can get another tank and grow them out but cons and FH will reproduce all the time for you now. Feed them brine shrimp, crush flakes and or crushed pellets. Its advised to get another tank for them so they can grow quicker and not die from over crowding.

Thank you for the positive feed back! I am planning on keeping a couple I used a small plastic fish bowl and poked holes in it to separate most of the fry for now. I'm going to get another fish tank tomorrow. How large should my next tank be. I only plan on keeping one or two of the fish once they start getting bigger. For the rest of them I'm not sure yet we have a local pet store by us that is willing to take fish so I may try to drop them off there once they mature more. I also am willing to give most of them away for free! I have no idea what I just got my self into and I try to keep my tank very healthy so if you or any of the other members on this website have suggestions on what to do with them I am all ears! Thank you again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store