Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
Don’t have an ammonia tester I’ll get one today or tomorrow.
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My flowerhorn daisy I’ve been watching him swim around for a while now today and just started going up to the glass and flashing. He does it more towards to middle of the tank rather than on the bottom and he’s even done full sideways flips. He’s only done it several times and goes back to normal behavior, sitting in a cave, swimming around or actually like a leaf in the fake plant. I’m wondering if there may be something internal causing it like a parasite or more likely bacteria or if it’s just territorial behavior since he only ever does it right up against the glass

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I wouldn't be worried about this. I've seen videos of peoples cichlids (flowerhorns included) doing this on dozens of occasions. Unless you've had the flowerhorn for awhile and just started to notice this behavior, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I wouldn't be worried about this. I've seen videos of peoples cichlids (flowerhorns included) doing this on dozens of occasions. Unless you've had the flowerhorn for awhile and just started to notice this behavior, I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Lol I forgot this thread existed. I came to the conclusion that he had such a big space and he was seeing his reflection and got mad to the point that after swimming back and forth so much and attacking the “intruder” he ended up doing a flip.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Lol I forgot this thread existed. I came to the conclusion that he had such a big space and he was seeing his reflection and got mad to the point that after swimming back and forth so much and attacking the “intruder” he ended up doing a flip.
Well, sounds like cichlids haha. I just came back on after awhile and was scrolling through some posts and found this one, figured I could help so I answered it.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store