Flowerhorn internal parasites

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018

Hopefully you can see in the video, white/grey string with little bits on the end

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
I am not comfortable to deworm using a syringe to be honest. Is there another method?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I am not comfortable to deworm using a syringe to be honest. Is there another method?
Did you read the part about soaking freeze dried food or floating pellets until fully saturated with 3% epsom salt solution? You could also use the solution as the liquid in making gel food.

There's also New Life Spectrum Hex Shield pellets. The fish will have to be pellet trained and starved for at least 1 week.

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
Did you read the part about soaking freeze dried food or floating pellets until fully saturated with 3% epsom salt solution? You could also use the solution as the liquid in making gel food.

There's also New Life Spectrum Hex Shield pellets. The fish will have to be pellet trained and starved for at least 1 week.
I done a 50% water change today, then a few minutes later threw in a bug bites pellet, just to see. He ignored it for a little bit and just as I went back to the tank he grabbed it and ate the whole thing. Stayed still and stared at me and chewed it for a few minutes but no spitting out or anything!

Feeling much more positive now. I'm glad I seen him eat and he ate the whole thing!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I done a 50% water change today, then a few minutes later threw in a bug bites pellet, just to see. He ignored it for a little bit and just as I went back to the tank he grabbed it and ate the whole thing. Stayed still and stared at me and chewed it for a few minutes but no spitting out or anything!

Feeling much more positive now. I'm glad I seen him eat and he ate the whole thing!

That's great to hear.

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
He at 2 pellets today, albeit not all of them, spat a little out of each.

Meeji90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
Yeah he is fully eating now, seems the large water change did the trick which is very interesting, is less shy and timid and has realised that me=food. I have dewormer here, should I still go ahead and deworm anyway?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah he is fully eating now, seems the large water change did the trick which is very interesting, is less shy and timid and has realised that me=food. I have dewormer here, should I still go ahead and deworm anyway?
If it won't jeopardize your beneficial bacteria then ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store