Flowerhorn Newbie

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Hello everyone. I just recently bought a flowerhorn I pick up tomorrow. I've been keeping fish for 12 years. My past fish have all been piranhas. I'View attachment 1402115View attachment 1402116View attachment 1402117ve kept red bellies, purple and red sanchezis, a gold mac, a ruby red spilo, a gold diamond rhom, and a black rhom. Most recently I was growing out some red bellies that I had for a year and a half. I was gone for Army training and the guy that was taking care of them for me accidentally killed them. Sad day. After recycling my tank and doing a lot of research I decided I wanted to try out a cichlid. I love the look and personality of flowerhorns. I attached a picture of my tank set up and pictures of my new fish. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks everyone.
Hi there seen your flowerhorn on here and it looked familiar. Did you happen to buy it at Minni critters in Sioux falls? Just curious if it's the same fish I remembered seeing there. But besides that if your still looking for feeding advice, I definitely recommend red wrigglers or night crawlers as treats atleast. I don't know for certain if it does anything for kok growth or color but my original male used to love them. Tried guppies and feeder fish before but he never wanted anything to do with them.

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Hi there seen your flowerhorn on here and it looked familiar. Did you happen to buy it at Minni critters in Sioux falls? Just curious if it's the same fish I remembered seeing there. But besides that if your still looking for feeding advice, I definitely recommend red wrigglers or night crawlers as treats atleast. I don't know for certain if it does anything for kok growth or color but my original male used to love them. Tried guppies and feeder fish before but he never wanted anything to do with them.
Yes I got him at minni critters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store