- Have you tested your water?
- If I did not test my water...
- ...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
- Do you do water changes?
- If I do not change my water...
- ...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I have a flowerhorn I bought at the local fish store 3 weeks ago. He started having white stringy poo and not eating about a week ago. I have dosed the tank with API general cure twice now and salted it as well. He is still not eating. I have the temp at 86° the PH is 8.0 ammonia 0ppm nitrite is 0ppm and nitrate is 15 ppm. I use an eheim quick vac pro daily to spot clean his poo and do 40% water changes weekly. I'm not sure what to do next. Is there another med I should try. Should I give another dose of general cure? He is still fairly active and has decent color but it has been a week since he has shown even a hint of interest in food. Any help would be greatly appreciated.