Flowerhorn pair in a 75?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I posted the “warrior Flowerhorn” thread a while back. I decided to keep the original FH and it’s in a 60 right now. The new guy is in a 75. I’m positive the original is a female and if the new guy turns out to be male, I’d like to house them together. Not looking to breed although I wouldn’t mind a steady supply of feeders. Can a pair live in a 75?

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
It’s possible, maybe divided so the female can escape if needed.
I would recommend at least a 125.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Not possible at all. They are too aggressive to be housed together outside of the 15 minutes it takes to breed.
You got 2 bad fh, now you think you might have a male and female pair you want to house together... Not looking to breed but wouldnt mind a steady supply of "feeders"... haha I see where this is going already.

Reactions: Ruturaj

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Joshuakahan Joshuakahan
Not possible at all? Yes, it’s possible,
Not a good idea? No, not a good idea in a 75, but possible.
I wouldn’t recommend it, that is why I said 125.
As for the feeder thing. Maybe you would be better to get some convicts to breed for feeders.
To many problems to breed an aggressive pair of fish just for feeders.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Not possible at all. They are too aggressive to be housed together outside of the 15 minutes it takes to breed.
You got 2 bad fh, now you think you might have a male and female pair you want to house together... Not looking to breed but wouldnt mind a steady supply of "feeders"... haha I see where this is going already.
Lol, where do you think this is going? That I might want to save space if they were able to be housed together? Correction, I got one bad FH, that I still like, and one unknown as of now. As far as feeders, ya I have tank full of predators.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Joshuakahan Joshuakahan
Not possible at all? Yes, it’s possible,
Not a good idea? No, not a good idea in a 75, but possible.
I wouldn’t recommend it, that is why I said 125.
As for the feeder thing. Maybe you would be better to get some convicts to breed for feeders.
To many problems to breed an aggressive pair of fish just for feeders.
Thanks, I’ll just leave them where they are. I was just thinking if they could, I could do something else with the 60. But it’s not that serious.

Reactions: BIG-G
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store