Flowerhorn

Ashfro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2019
Bangalore
I got a female egg laying kamfa a week back and it was shipped for 2 days continuously and when it arrived I put up a partion with a fertile zz male big one and the kamfa didn't eat still tdy when I entered the room it tube has come out now I don't know the process of breeding I had set up clay plate and all I need to know should I remove the partion and check the male and female where together in partion from a week

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
There’s a couple of ways to set up for spawning.
If there’s a size difference with male being larger, you can put the plate on the males side and cut a hole in the divider the female can use.

You can put the plate on the females side and put a power head on the males side pointing towards the plate.
When the male does his part the pump will push it over the eggs.

You can remove the divider and be prepared to reinstall it if things get to rough.

Ashfro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2019
Bangalore
There’s a couple of ways to set up for spawning.
If there’s a size difference with male being larger, you can put the plate on the males side and cut a hole in the divider the female can use.

You can put the plate on the females side and put a power head on the males side pointing towards the plate.
When the male does his part the pump will push it over the eggs.

You can remove the divider and be prepared to reinstall it if things get to rough.
My divider is made of glass and I have put the plate on female side and there is a sponge filter on male side I don't have powerhead and I have only a plate 2 sponge filters and a heater and there is a little gap in the divider less than a inch

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Ok then unless you switch your divider you only have one choice and that’s put them together.
I suggest making a new divider out of egg crate/lighting diffuser.
You can find it at just about any hardware store.
This stuff.
82F031B6-FC3E-4AA8-AF36-705B505B21A8.jpeg

Reactions: Ashfro
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store