Fly river turtle or lock neck turtle in predator pond?

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia
Hi, ive been wondering if i could keep a turtle in my 400 gal pond where most of the fishes are around 10cm each. Ive seen many predator tanks with the fly river turtle and the long necked turtle(siebenrocki) and kept them succesfully. Ive heard that both species dont need a basking area so its another advantage for me. Fishes inside that im scared will get biten or even eaten are the 7 cm tinfoil barbs(though i think they might be too fast for the turtle) and the long fins of the silver arowana. The fishes that im scared will bully the turtle would be the oscar that has always been mean to the hujeta freshwater gars. Im going to buy a 6-8 cm turtle just to be safe.

My questions are:
- will it be safe for the fishes and turtle if i place them together?
- and which one will be more well suited with them, the fly river or the siebenrocki?
(Im trying not to add any basking areas as it will take up a lot of space)
Water parameters:
25-27 degree celsius
Little to no ammonia ( very large filter)
Ph is very stable at 7

aquatigerkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2020
France
hello, i am not an expert in turtle at all i own a small pelomedusa subrafa who need basking area. but in my opignions the fly river turtle could be the best option. I heard that they are mostly herbivore so they don't touch the fish. the fly river turtle is also the only specie who go to emerge erea for spawning only. I also think that except the temperature the other parametres of the water are negligible. So again i only keep a easy to keep turtle so you should wait that a expert of turle come by and answer your questions
kind regards
PS: just for the eyes pleasure could you send a picture of your pond
thank you :)

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia
Thanks for the suggestion! Now that you've said it, im no longer worried about the fishes but am now worried about my water lettuces?.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I say get the siebenrocki im not expert but its more uncommon everyone always just goes for the fly river also its an ambush predator so it will on eat some fish that get close to its strike range

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store