Follow the rules, or you risk losing the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Response seems a little uncaring but whatever. My issue isn't just the content of your thread it's more of the tone and who it's directed to. Again in my opinion you can get your point across without seeming so unprofessional which I'm sure is one of the qualifications of being a moderator. But what exactly was "tried"? Scenario, let's say a member is being reckless in the Marketplace or any other forum on MFK. A moderator sends a personal pm to that member and he or she continues to be reckless AFTER the warning, have they been banned? If so and the moderators are consistent in doing this then it works. If moderators aren't consistent in banning reckless members then it doesn't work. So it seems to me that your thread should be directed to all moderators to be more diligent and consistent in doing their job in monitoring the site and not directing the thread to the 155,000 members. Again just my thoughts.

I hope I'm not banned for expressing my opinion in a respectable way to you.
Please see my second reply

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I just read it. Apology accepted. Thanks for listening.
Thank you.

I view my position as the admin here as one of service, not rule.

If the manner in which I approach that position of trust isn't what the MFKers want, then I am obligated to change it.

DRC

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
Edit-

It's been pointed out (correctly) that I approached this in a manner that reads objectively like I'm a douche. That was not my intent, and for that I apologise. I had hoped that this would read as a tongue in cheek warning, not a "f--- off, I'm in charge" patronizing type scolding. Going back and reading it objectively, I realize I failed abysmally.

In the future, I'll be sure to write my "admin notes" if you will as if I was writing a memorandum in the army, keeping it professional and neutral.

Apologies MFKers.

I am here with the objective of serving you, not ruling you.

I'll be better for you. You deserve it.

=================

Hello all;

I have been informed by my moderators that there's been a bunch of tomfoolery and shenanigans in the Marketplace.

This is the one warning I'll give: play nice, or I can and will take the Marketplace away from you on an individual basis.

As everyone likely knows, I have been indisposed as late building my new house, so I am not familiar with the details, so don't try to explain yourself to me, I don't care and I'm not going to hear you out.

Argue with my mods, and I'll take the Market from you.

Plain and simple.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)
That’s cool, I wasn’t paying attention anyway

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
I missed the old days of MFK back in like 2009-2012 or so. The site was so active and fun. Till certain mods started banning people for speaking their mind and calling out mods lol. Nowadays this place is so dead.

arodiscus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2018
I missed the old days of MFK back in like 2009-2012 or so. The site was so active and fun. Till certain mods started banning people for speaking their mind and calling out mods lol. Nowadays this place is so dead.
Amen to that. I love mfk but I don’t think there is enough traffic here to be monitored and micromanaged like it was amazon

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I gotta admit, I find it very curious how we have people who joined at about the same time as each other almost a decade after the "good old days" and who all share IPs and with only a handful of posts each are commiserating over how horrible things have become recently.

But I'm sure that's just a coincidence

Atomic Dog

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
I gotta admit, I find it very curious how we have people who joined at about the same time as each other almost a decade after the "good old days" and who all share IPs and with only a handful of posts each are commiserating over how horrible things have become recently.

But I'm sure that's just a coincidence
Dang Busted !!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dloks

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Admin and mod are not paying jobs. These people are volunteers. Let's respect that. I've no problem with blunt but fair language and crystal clear messages. I value my time and Chicx's time. Curtness is sweet when it is clear, as was this case, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store