Food advice for new fish.

Costrines

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2020
Thank guys. I already bought NLS thera, Algae Max, Probiotix and some seachem flakes but all failed to feed him. He didn't care, he just looking at it and go away...I asked shop owner and they said that they usually feed him live food ( worm, small fish...). I searched though the forum and a lot of opinions about let him starve but it already 3 days and he still not accept new food. Maybe I will need to find a another way to train him... Now I thinking about let him live with another dry food eater fish, but don't know if it is a good way or just waste time... Live food feeding is not a problem for me but I had bad experiance with feeding continously live food in the past. I will try to searching more on forum.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Thank guys. I already bought NLS thera, Algae Max, Probiotix and some seachem flakes but all failed to feed him. He didn't care, he just looking at it and go away...I asked shop owner and they said that they usually feed him live food ( worm, small fish...). I searched though the forum and a lot of opinions about let him starve but it already 3 days and he still not accept new food. Maybe I will need to find a another way to train him... Now I thinking about let him live with another dry food eater fish, but don't know if it is a good way or just waste time... Live food feeding is not a problem for me but I had bad experiance with feeding continously live food in the past. I will try to searching more on forum.
Personally I used to tie a pellet loosely onto a piece of string and drag it across the top of the water to simulate live prey, they didn't always go for it but after a few days they were always more willing to try for it.

Costrines

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2020
Personally I used to tie a pellet loosely onto a piece of string and drag it across the top of the water to simulate live prey, they didn't always go for it but after a few days they were always more willing to try for it.
Wow, It's a good idea. I will try it. Thank you.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Wow, It's a good idea. I will try it. Thank you.
Np, always happy to help. Lol yeah I used to have a few fish that decided to be a pain and only want live food. Only had the one tho that took me a couple weeks to get onto pellets.

Btw don't be surprised if it doesn't take to pellets right away. Fish out in the wild can go upto several weeks to a month or more without eating so I'd only start worrying if it's been a few weeks since it's ate anything. Ik recently it took me about 5 days before my newest angelfish decided to start eating the flakes I was feeding.

Costrines

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2020
After one month tried to feed him follow Magnus_Bane way, he finally accept NLS dry food and other food. He grown very fast and the hump also develope more, color also poping out by using mirror. I moved him to 40 gallon black tank and He seem happy with it, he more active and playful than before.
IMG_20200705_132503.jpgIMG_20200705_132501.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store