For Betta lovers!!

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Watching that video again, it’s all fake. Why would all these fish be in “trapped” areas where they can’t get out. Probably just for views and the fish were either from shops or farms.

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
Wouldn't say its fake. Most likely these fish were released in the streams by owners who bought from pet stores. And the guy is just catching them.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Wouldn't say its fake. Most likely these fish were released in the streams by owners who bought from pet stores. And the guy is just catching them.
Well considering that Bettas come from slow moving marsh land type environments it's highly like the first video was all faked. In all the videos I've seen of ppl catching wild Bettas they are all in areas so congested with plant life that you can barely even see the water. Also never seen a video of wild Bettas in a fast moving stream like that let alone with all those specific colors and fin types. Long fins and extremely bright colors just makes it a living target for any predator in the area, not to say there aren't beautiful wild types of Bettas but even those ones don't have such large fins to slow em down.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
I watched more of his videos. Seems like beta is an invasive specie there. In some of his videos there are other groups hunting for betas aswell. The water there is prob tropical. Weather always hot and humid. Any fish can survive if released.

The stream is prob caused after heavy rain. Causing floods the fish gets in the current. Thats why they got caught in tiny ditches and easy to catch. Parts of Asia is similar to South America, tropical weather and abundance of fish every where. I dont think that video is fake. Try watching more of his videos

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
bettas are from southeast asia. long finned colorful varieties would probably die of exhaustion or get eaten before they were able to reproduce in water like that. notice how the bettas always appear at the feet of the cameraman. my guess is he's just putting them there before the guy with the net 'finds' them. that many randomly colored fish wouldn't happen to appear under rocks in an inch of decently flowing water. judging by the erosion on the hill next to them, that stream's been there awhile. not to mention the one at 2:33 wasn't even in water
even if they are released by other people, those must be some unhappy pet owners if they're all releasing enough bettas in this one stream for these guys to be going out looking for them. and again, the fish can't even swim in the video, no way they're reproducing.
oh and I did go through and watch some of the other videos, definitely fake.
1597679823449.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store