For Sale | 17" Datnoid | $700 | Newmarket Area | Pickup and Able to Ship

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Justin, the guy who is offered a 700 gallon for $500 then haggles for $400 with the reasoning that he claims I bought it for less. Yet I bought it for $1600. Mistake I checked, $1300. Yeah that pissed me off a little. As for the rays, they were shipped by a member here, share bought 12 off of him he shipped the first 6. They arrived, they were held for 3 days then they were all sold for between $650-$1000. The next 6 are nicer. 2 pairs will be sold one pair will be kept. The pair that is kept the other pairs will pay for. Not everyone trusts shippers and some prefer pick up. Is it shady that I bought and sold them? He does the exact same thing. He buys them from the breeder gets them shipped to him then he sells them to us for more than he paid. I do the same thing it's called shady? Heck I know 3 fish stores that pay $50 for each ray they buy. Those hybrids, mantillas and the BD hybrids they buy yet they sell them at $350 each. You boys are typical hobbyists. Make your assumptions only off of what you see but don't bother to dig into anything. Mike I'm pretty sure your rays are up for sale for more than what you paid yet you have no problem doing it. You boys have had it out for me for a while. Does it upset you that I make money off of it? Because I actually fork out the money for things you guys dream of? How many times have I heard you guys say "that's a dream tank" or "that's a dream fish"? That's usually followed by some criticizing comment about how "cheap" I probably got it for. Just bought a tank today for $1800 exactly what the guy was asking. I didn't haggle for $400 I gave him what he wanted for it. Does he have a complaint? No. Does he know I plan to sell it eventually? Yes. His answer was "it's your tank I don't care what you choose to do with it". Does it upset you that I have found a very simple way to have my hobby pay for itself and my lifestyle? I have zero complaints about what I do, not many people can say fish keeping pays for their fishkeeping and their world travels.

Last edited:

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Justin, the guy who is offered a 700 gallon for $500 then haggles for $400 with the reasoning that he claims I bought it for less. Yet I bought it for $1600. Yeah that pissed me off a little. As for the rays, they were shipped by a member here, share bought 12 off of him he shipped the first 6. They arrived, they were held for 3 days then they were all sold for between $650-$1000. The next 6 are nicer. 2 pairs will be sold one pair will be kept. The pair that is kept the other pairs will pay for. Not everyone trusts shippers and some prefer pick up. Is it shady that I bought and sold them? He does the exact same thing. He buys them from the breeder gets them shipped to him then he sells them to us for more than he paid. I do the same thing it's called shady? Mike I'm pretty sure your rays are up for sale for more than what you paid yet you have no problem doing it. You boys have had it out for me for a while. Does it upset you that I make money off of it? Because I actually fork out the money for things you guys dream of? How many times have I heard you guys say "that's a dream tank" or "that's a dream fish"? That's usually followed by some criticizing comment about how "cheap" I probably got it for. Just bought a tank today for $1800 exactly what the guy was asking. I didn't haggle for $400 I gave him what he wanted for it. Does he have a complaint? No. Does he know I plan to sell it eventually? Yes. His answer was "it's your tank I don't care what you choose to do with it". Does it upset you that I have found a very simple way to have my hobby pay for itself and my lifestyle? I have zero complaints about what I do, not many people can say fish keeping pays for their fishkeeping and their world travels.
No that's not how it went man and you know that. Don't twist it to make you look good for you

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Justin, the guy who is offered a 700 gallon for $500 then haggles for $400 with the reasoning that he claims I bought it for less. Yet I bought it for $1600. Mistake I checked, $1300. Yeah that pissed me off a little. As for the rays, they were shipped by a member here, share bought 12 off of him he shipped the first 6. They arrived, they were held for 3 days then they were all sold for between $650-$1000. The next 6 are nicer. 2 pairs will be sold one pair will be kept. The pair that is kept the other pairs will pay for. Not everyone trusts shippers and some prefer pick up. Is it shady that I bought and sold them? He does the exact same thing. He buys them from the breeder gets them shipped to him then he sells them to us for more than he paid. I do the same thing it's called shady? Heck I know 3 fish stores that pay $50 for each ray they buy. Those hybrids, mantillas and the BD hybrids they buy yet they sell them at $350 each. You boys are typical hobbyists. Make your assumptions only off of what you see but don't bother to dig into anything. Mike I'm pretty sure your rays are up for sale for more than what you paid yet you have no problem doing it. You boys have had it out for me for a while. Does it upset you that I make money off of it? Because I actually fork out the money for things you guys dream of? How many times have I heard you guys say "that's a dream tank" or "that's a dream fish"? That's usually followed by some criticizing comment about how "cheap" I probably got it for. Just bought a tank today for $1800 exactly what the guy was asking. I didn't haggle for $400 I gave him what he wanted for it. Does he have a complaint? No. Does he know I plan to sell it eventually? Yes. His answer was "it's your tank I don't care what you choose to do with it". Does it upset you that I have found a very simple way to have my hobby pay for itself and my lifestyle? I have zero complaints about what I do, not many people can say fish keeping pays for their fishkeeping and their world travels.
You know the deal with CANAMONSTER CANAMONSTER rays and how how he got them so don't go there

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
No that's not how it went man and you know that. Don't twist it to make you look good for you
The exact story? I owned it when I offered it for you for $600. You said see if he will take less. He would be me. That pissed me off a little how I give you what many would call a deal of a lifetime and you negotiated, typical. I figured if you take it for $600 and pick it up it's yours as you deserve it. You pissed me off though. So I had the tank shipped to me for $1300. I then offered it back to you for $1500 a little more than what I paid for going through all the effort to move this thing and I was pissed at you still. Then I sold the filter for $200 I think so I said $1300 you can take it. Then I told you $1000, $750, $500 trying to give you a deal to make up for it in a way. Ironically a price less then my first initial offer. You weren't able to get it and I needed it gone and you know that I was in a rush so I put it on kijiji for $500 and it was gone in a few hours. You then got pissed off. I was out $800 on that tank. Ended up making another deal with the same guy for another tank so right now I'm even with this guy. He will be making more for me in the future as well as he gets free glass from work. so I'm not salty towards him. He made money, I got money back and then made a little as well in the end.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
You know the deal with CANAMONSTER CANAMONSTER rays and how how he got them so don't go there
Exactly, yet he is selling them. Regardless of how you get something. If we are basing this off of ethics he should sell for what he got it for but we all know money talks. Not many people pass on free money.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
The exact story? I owned it when I offered it for you for $600. You said see if he will take less. He would be me. That pissed me off a little how I give you what many would call a deal of a lifetime and you negotiated, typical. I figured if you take it for $600 and pick it up it's yours as you deserve it. You pissed me off though. So I had the tank shipped to me for $1300. I then offered it back to you for $1500 a little more than what I paid for going through all the effort to move this thing and I was pissed at you still. Then I sold the filter for $200 I think so I said $1300 you can take it. Then I told you $1000, $750, $500 trying to give you a deal to make up for it in a way. Ironically a price less then my first initial offer. You weren't able to get it and I needed it gone and you know that I was in a rush so I put it on kijiji for $500 and it was gone in a few hours. You then got pissed off. I was out $800 on that tank. Ended up making another deal with the same guy for another tank so right now I'm even with this guy. He will be making more for me in the future as well as he gets free glass from work. so I'm not salty towards him. He made money, I got money back and then made a little as well in the end.
I said a joke, seems you can't take a joke but do you remember the rest of the conversation?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
You don't know the deal so don't talk ****
I'm very well aware of the deal. He's had them for 2 years now. The rest of the conversation if I recall you couldn't get it because you just bought some other tanks. If it was me, at that point I would have said "sorry can't get it now, if you have a buyer you can move it on". Instread of getting mad that I did move it as similar to the situation you were in we both needed it gone. think one of the tanks was Daves 360 gallon you two built that you had to get first. Just curious all those tanks you had up and running or does your backyard look like mine with glass and tanks sitting everywhere?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
You don't know the deal so don't talk ****
I can recollect a time when mike asked me to sell his pair for $3000 and make a quick $500 off of it as he wanted $2500. He asked me to sell/buy them yet now it's shady to do that lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store