For Sale | Australian Lungfish AUL 34” | $2500 | Woodstock Ontario | Pickup and Able to Ship

RareFauna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
Hi Victor,

I’d much rather sell him locally or keep him. As far as shipping goes, I’ve done this many times to the USA and Europe. i am well known in the reptile and fish community and can provide many references. Yes, there is also paypal.

If you are not comfortable, than just don’t do it.

I am not a commercial vendor so I will not personally guarantee live arrival. As far as an import licence...It is not a commercial shipment so not sure why you would need a licence? I don’t remember if people in the US that I’ve sent animals to needed one? I don’t think so.

I’m not worried about the weather. This species can handle extremes in temperature, which he would not experience in a heated flight.

At any rate, the export was an option....I did post him in the Canadian section for a reason. Would rather find him a new home locally.

All the best, and happy new year

You have my phone number if you’d like to talk outside of a fish forum

Chris

RareFauna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
Hi Victor,

I’d much rather sell him locally as I said, but would entertain export to the right person.

As for all your concerns , give me a call if you’d like to pursue this any further . I can provide answers to all your questions as well as many references.

Thank you

Chris

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Hi Victor,

I’d much rather sell him locally or keep him. As far as shipping goes, I’ve done this many times to the USA and Europe. i am well known in the reptile and fish community and can provide many references. Yes, there is also paypal.

If you are not comfortable, than just don’t do it.

I am not a commercial vendor so I will not personally guarantee live arrival. As far as an import licence...It is not a commercial shipment so not sure why you would need a licence? I don’t remember if people in the US that I’ve sent animals to needed one? I don’t think so.

I’m not worried about the weather. This species can handle extremes in temperature, which he would not experience in a heated flight.

At any rate, the export was an option....I did post him in the Canadian section for a reason. Would rather find him a new home locally.

All the best, and happy new year

You have my phone number if you’d like to talk outside of a fish forum

Chris
Hi Chris, your considerate manners and no-nonsense demeanor are commendable and impressive. I've got respect for you. However, the main problem now is that my business partner, VP, and most-importantly wife will not let us drop $2500 on this fish (~$3000 with shipping), which it is very much worth though, don't get me as a low baller. Neither would I be ok without your personal live and healthy arrival guarantee, not just live.

I do too hope and pray you will find someone local for this magnificent animal.

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
Hi Chris - Its me, Theo. I am glad to see that "Luongo" is doing well. I really enjoyed raising that fish for three years and am glad its done well with you.

I might be able to help you find a buyer in Canada. I'll send you an email. You will for sure want to wait a few months until the weather warms up before shipping.

I'd suggest posting a link over at http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21 Although that site is not very busy these days it does get regular traffic from inside Canada for people looking for big monster-type fish.

If I was at a different stage in life I would buy that fish back in a heart beat.

Good luck with the sale.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

RareFauna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
Hi Theo, good to hear from you, He’s been an amazing animal to keep and has grown quite a bit, mostly in girth.

I will check my email, talk soon

Chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store