For Sale | Australian Lungfish AUL 34” | $2500 | Woodstock Ontario | Pickup and Able to Ship

RareFauna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
What type of listing is this?:
For Sale
What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Australian Lungfish AUL 34”
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Woodstock Ontario
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup and Able to Ship
Description:
Very rare specimen of an Australian Lung fish (Neoceratodes forsteri). AUL. This is the real deal, very rare, 34” in length.

He/she is feeding on anything from earthworms, market shrimp, scallops, mussels etc, fresh veggies and fruits(loves grapes), pellets, algae wafers.

Peaceful addition to your monster aquarium. These have become very difficult to obtain in recent years with one of two Australian farms closing down. Only experienced keepers or zoos/public aquariums with proper space will be considered. Serious inquires only please.

Text/call for more info 416-451-3344

Chris​
Shipping method:
Air Cargo
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

45B74214-878F-4DCF-9CDB-F14DF36EFED3.jpeg

37EF32EC-E3DA-4E8F-9E1C-1ABE6DBDDC6B.jpeg

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Dream fish and a great deal. I just with I wasn't in a different country :(

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Does one need a permit to keep it in the US? (Apart from usual importing hurdles.)

RareFauna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
Does one need a permit to keep it in the US? (Apart from usual importing hurdles.)
I’m pretty sure these are legal to keep in all states. I could export if you are serious. I’m an experienced shipper and have sent animals back and forth to the US now and again....They are CITES 2 so I would have to apply for export paperwork.

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If you do what you said, what would I need to do on my end in order to receive the fish in Florida?

How much would the shipping be (ball park is fine)?

Do you provide DOA?

Is it a 100% prepayment? It's a lot of money for me.

RareFauna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2016
You would basically have to go pick him up at the airport as I would have all the paperwork ready for you. I’m not sure what kind of state tax or airport/airline fee you would be subjected to in Florida.

Yes, I would need to be paid prior to shipping. If I had to take a guess....somewhere around $400+ shipping to Florida? The size of the box would be big as he is 34”, plus water weight....

As far as live arrival, I do believe the airline provides insurance....however I’d be shocked if he died in transit, they are fairly indestructible.

Give me a call or text if you’d like

Chris 416-451-3344

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
You would basically have to go pick him up at the airport as I would have all the paperwork ready for you. I’m not sure what kind of state tax or airport/airline fee you would be subjected to in Florida.

Yes, I would need to be paid prior to shipping. If I had to take a guess....somewhere around $400+ shipping to Florida? The size of the box would be big as he is 34”, plus water weight....

As far as live arrival, I do believe the airline provides insurance....however I’d be shocked if he died in transit, they are fairly indestructible.

Give me a call or text if you’d like

Chris 416-451-3344
Thank you for all the answers, Chris. It doesn't look likely.

I am not sure that the customs will release the animal to me not having an importer's license.

I understand your point. You don't know me. My situation is the same. I am not comfortable paying so much money to someone I don't know anything about. I am not saying this is what it is but people get ripped off in a similar situation left and right, e.g., on Craigslist. If there was an unbiased third party who'd hold the money until I get the fish, like Paypal, I guess, it'd be safer.

I will absolutely not deal with any vendor who does not guarantee live and healthy arrival or your money back. Airlines will not pick this up IME or will bog you down forever, which is equivalent to not picking it up. It would probably take a special one-time international freight insurance policy to insure a shipment like this, if a vendor doesn't do it.

The weather is mighty cold these days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store