Freash Water Puffer Fish

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I woud like to ask can Dwarf puffers live with a fahaka puffer?
In short, No...

The fahaka will more than likely eat or inhale the dwarf puffer as it gains size... also, when you consider Fahaka’s are usually the least likely puffer to accept any tankmates, its best to keep them solo...

Reactions: tlindsey

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
My fahaka puffer murders anything else in the tank. I've tried a few other fish with him and within 20 mins they are all gone or in half.
Ive kept two smaller fahakas in the same tank for two months without problems. Have seperated them by now due to the smaller one stopped eating but is doing fine now.

NjHardcore

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2018
Ive kept two smaller fahakas in the same tank for two months without problems. Have seperated them by now due to the smaller one stopped eating but is doing fine now.

Mines the size of a coke can and I've tried fast tetras, plecos, a catfish 3 times the size of him and now I know to just let him chill by himself. It would be nice to have two but that ain't happening.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Mines the size of a coke can and I've tried fast tetras, plecos, a catfish 3 times the size of him and now I know to just let him chill by himself. It would be nice to have two but that ain't happening.
The biggest of my two is prob only 8-10cm and the smalle one prob half that size.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I kinda agree that the larger they get, the more aggressive they can be... i would say mine developed a bit of a mean streak once she reached around 8-9” and realized the damage she could do to tankmates... after that, she basically lived alone...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store