Free tank? Heck yes!

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Gotta love FREE! Picked up this 5ft, 120gal on the weekend, totally free. Perfect timing as I'm waiting for some baby super red texas to come in from Thailand...were supposed to be here Monday, but it's been pea-soup-thick foggy here all this week which has meant flights from my transhipper to me have been cancelled every freaking day, so I'm still waiting. I have a 55gal QT/grow out tank set up for them, as I had planned to work with the three large tanks I have on the go...but now I don't have to worry about deciding between two set ups down the road when the SRT outgrow the 55. More scratched than I would like, but tank, stand and lids for free so I'm not complaining.

tank.jpg

SRT.jpg

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Super cool. All my fish room tanks were freee.

Reactions: tlindsey and DMD123

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Congratulations on the free tank! I got one of my tanks free (with all the fish, decor, equipment, food, and whatnot included), so I know how great this is.

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Super cool. All my fish room tanks were freee.
Damn. I'm jealous lol. I live in a small town on a smallish island...small enough that local selection is very limited and so most people here think their used tanks are worth their weight in gold. It's not uncommon to see stupid prices like $1000 CAD for a standard 125gal set up. Like, get real. So even finding a good price on tanks is a rare find...it happens, but it's few and far between. So free is just about unheard of!

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
It's not uncommon to see stupid prices like $1000 CAD for a standard 125gal set up.
I agree that that's because you live in a small town on a small island. I'm in big, bustling Toronto where goods are very readily available and got my pair of 473 liter tanks (used) for 250 dollars each.
Must really stink having prices like 1000 for a used 473 liter.

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Yeah...I know better and refuse to pay that kind of asinine price, so I hold out and wait for a properly priced tank. Usually takes months, and I often have to travel over a town or two. But it does happen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store