:-Fresh water lionfish?

prm

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
the lfs
i have one thats been liveing in pure freshwater at the lfs for a bout a month then i bought em he looks happy and mainly moves around at night

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
I've kept this fish before. LFS had it labled as "freshwater lionfish"...payed $10.00 or so, for it. Kept it in pure fw... (w/ added aquarium salt). Nocturnal, ambush predator fish... was feeding on cut raw shrimp, sinking carnivore pellets, chopped earthworms, and rosy reds.

I beleive it got the name Toadfish because of the loud "croaking" like sound it makes when threatened. Interesting & unusual, it is. :)

toadfish-01.JPG

darkemotion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
cambodia
I had two of those years ago. I put them in freshwater they were 5 inches I bought them for 10 bucks each at hong kong tropical fish. unfortunatly they didnt last.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
here ya go, lazy buggers, heheh. Not the fish.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i have seen a few lion species before but, i didn't want to get them because,the have venomous spins. i like catfishes and i like petting them and be able to clean their tanks without getting poisioned! I looks like a sub species of a bumble be catfish with raggity fins, with a huge head, and yes that is a lion fish.

RTCatz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
los angeles
i saw one at the petshop with all these blisters on it. if u want a really inactive fish that sits there all day buy it! they lookrealy cool tho

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store