Freshwater stingrays

NjOyRiD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Gatineau
What is the minimal tank size i should get and what kind of fish i can put with that that is from SA? thanx

Capo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
What is the minimal tank size i should get
Sorry dude, but thats a bad question to ask. (Many others on here will agree)
But i'll still try to help, first of all, dont get a tank that will "just" hold the fish, get something that will allow the fish to breathe and grow without being cramped, if you are getting something small like a Hystrix ray then at least 2.5' wide will be needed, and at least twice as long.
The tank doesn't need to be high though for rays. If you are getting something bigger than a hystrix a bigger tank will obviously be needed.
Many people put arowanas with Rays, Pretty much anything that is a top swimmer will be ok, bottom swimmers will cause too much competition. And nothing that can fit into the rays mouth.

How long have you been in the hobby? as rays are not a very good choice for a beginner.

NjOyRiD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Gatineau
15 years
i have 14 aquariums
I just need chalenge, something diferent

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
I read a 75 for motoro.Im not a aray keeper though.

Chad

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
a motoro would grow for like 24". So i guess 2' would be fine until it gets to a certain size. I have a motoro in a 225g tank. And his about 6-7" now. I guesss p14 would be fine at a 6'x2'x2.5'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store