Friday Free-For-All 2.0....

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
BTW Fri 13th 2020 was quiet as a mouse here.

Which is to say, somebody crashed during rush hour, and there was the usual crime etc.
But nothing Earth-shattering, or we'd all be talking about it.
I'm not a particularly superstitious person but I did a bit of research on Friday 13th. It was very interesting. Friday in itself is considered unlucky and we all know about the number 13. People just lumped them both together then to create the dreaded Friday 13th.

Of course there's no historical evidence to suggest that Friday 13th is worse than any other day for unfortunate events. And if you're ever at a dinner party and the subject of superstition comes up you can wow the guests by informing them that the fear of Friday 13th is called......Paraskevidekatriaphobia!!!

Though obviously you need to be completely sober to avoid making a total arse of yourself with that one, lol.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I just invented a new phobia which is the fear of flying golf balls.

I call this Tinydimplesphereophobia.

I have this fear because once when driving past the golf course, uphill, I encountered a golf ball coming down hill, and we were each going 60 + mph in opposite directions.

It hit the windshield directly in front of my nose and I watched that golf ball flatten and increase about 50% in diameter, until it shot away 120 miles an hour.

There is a golf course on both sides of the road, so unless it went straight as an arrow, that golf ball went back onto the course about 2x as fast as a normal human could drive it.

Imagine that you lost your ball on the third drive and had to use another, and then you found the same ball on the green six holes later. After 3 beers, you’d be telling your buddies that you had made a 900 yard drive...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store