Frontosa

TylerBlanchard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2017
I️ just bought a bigger tank for my oscars and the guy I️ bought the 210 from gave me his fish also. He gave me frontosas and other fish he said were very expensive. Such as one blue front 7 black widow fronts, fresh water tangs, silver arowana and more. Do you think my oscars will do fine in this tank or will they die or kill fish?
---
TMA: Tue Nov 21 2017 14:05:29 GMT-0600 (CST).jpg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The fish he calls fresh water tangs, look to me to be Paretroplus menerambo, a cichlid from Madagascar, and one of my favorites.
fullsizeoutput_5ef.jpeg
below is a close up of a few I had for you to compare.

when full grown they can top 15", and snail eaters.
Your oscar may do fine withe the fish he gave you.
Frontosa have always been very mild mannered when I had them, the menerambo usually ignored other fish, and I've never thought of oscars as particularly aggressive, if kept in an adequately sized tank.

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Re-home the arowana, a 210 is way too small for a silver. The fronts are fairly mellow and the Oscars may or may not be too much for them. Just keep an eye on them. The only real concern would be that fronts prefer very hard water...

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I agree about re-homing the arowana, 210 won't be big enough for it forever. The Oscar is similar in temperament to the fish you received, it should be okay but as stated keep an eye on him. They do like different water chemistry, but if all fish are adjusted to your tapwater you should be fine.
That is an awful lot of $$ worth of fish he gave you, I would feel very lucky unless you paid extra for the fish

TylerBlanchard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2017
I agree about re-homing the arowana, 210 won't be big enough for it forever. The Oscar is similar in temperament to the fish you received, it should be okay but as stated keep an eye on him. They do like different water chemistry, but if all fish are adjusted to your tapwater you should be fine.
That is an awful lot of $$ worth of fish he gave you, I would feel very lucky unless you paid extra for the fish
Everything was 3000

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store