frozen food

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
Stella said:
I rinse mine under running water in a net and then feed. There are all kinds of binders and things in those cubes (you can see the gunk when it defrosts in the tank) that just pollute your tank.

Laura
I would change the brand that you are using. I use HIKARI BLOODWORMS and I never see any thing in them. they cost more but who needs to seng their kids to collage? :ROFL:

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
repair said:
I would change the brand that you are using. I use HIKARI BLOODWORMS and I never see any thing in them. they cost more but who needs to seng their kids to collage? :ROFL:
yea... agree w you there...

i used Hikari for my bettas.... one of the best in the market... :thumbsup:

turtall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
State of Hawai'i
We use the Hikari bloodworms defrosted in a shot glass to room temperature. Lightly glazed with a smooth hollendaise sauce and garnished with spinach or zuchini, just like Martha Stewart.:)
In a tank full of scavengers this allows even the smallest to get a share.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
turtall said:
We use the Hikari bloodworms defrosted in a shot glass to room temperature. Lightly glazed with a smooth hollendaise sauce and garnished with spinach or zuchini, just like Martha Stewart.:)
In a tank full of scavengers this allows even the smallest to get a share.
normally i wld recommend a small salad w a light dressing to go with it for a balanced diet.

recommended to defrost the worms in tequila and soy sauce so as to absorb the flavour.

Stella

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Texas
repair said:
Hikari is my preferred brand as well, but there is still some proteinaceous "gunk" that comes off the cube that I just don't want in my tank. But, I'm paranoid :). When I was feeding dwarf puffs that would only eat live/frozen foods, I rinsed their food, soaked it in Zoe and Zoecon, then fed. Usually twice a day, alternating foods.

Laura

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store