Frozen foods

Sean Govaerts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2019
Belgium, Limburg
Hey, i have recently bought a snakehead and have been feeding living feeder fish, the thing is i would like to vary his diet with frozen foods. Thus far he wont eat anything i present him, any advice?

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Just wait, he'll eat once he gets hungry enough. You can also try putting frozen food onto a string and dragging it through the water to make it look like it's live food. I'd suggest putting in pellets or a multivitamin like vitachem to add more nutrition to the frozen food.

Reactions: Sean Govaerts

Sean Govaerts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2019
Belgium, Limburg
Just wait, he'll eat once he gets hungry enough. You can also try putting frozen food onto a string and dragging it through the water to make it look like it's live food. I'd suggest putting in pellets or a multivitamin like vitachem to add more nutrition to the frozen food.
Thank you i will definitly try it and I usually soak the frozen food in water with multivitamin droplets because he is only 6 cm (2inch) so the frozen food is pretty small.
However i will keep it in mind for when he is bigger.

Reactions: tlindsey

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Thank you i will definitly try it and I usually soak the frozen food in water with multivitamin droplets because he is only 6 cm (2inch) so the frozen food is pretty small.
However i will keep it in mind for when he is bigger.
Ok, it's definitely good you're doing this while he is small as when he is larger he can go weeks, sometimes even months without eating and when he gets larger it will get expensive feeding him live food. If he is only two inches I guess you could pick up a small feeder fish, gutload it, then freeze it or pith it and tie a string around it and drag it through the water to see if that gets his attention

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Would like to add live feeders are not good if you don't quarantine or raise them yourself.

Sean Govaerts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2019
Belgium, Limburg
Would like to add live feeders are not good if you don't quarantine or raise them yourself.
I breed mollys, swordtails and guppys but they dont reproduce fast enough which is why i would like him to eat frozen foods.
Ps: he is eating fine right now, the tips very useful after about a day or 2 he started chasing the food.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store