FS | Geophagus mirabilis Aripuana - 3"+ Free Shipping | $175.00 | Cypres (Houston), Texas | Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgldsh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2015
Cypress (Houston), Texas
What type of listing is this?:
FS
What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
4x Geophagus mirabilis Aripuana - 3"+ Free Shipping
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Cypres (Houston), Texas
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Shipping
Description:
For sale are 4x tank raised Geophagus mirabilis Aripuana believed to be 2 Male and 2 Female. Females (usually) are 3+" and males (usually) are more like 3". Overnight Shipping to continental US only included. Arrive alive and healthy guaranteed. No guarantee on sex, but I will try, Video of fish for sale on YouTube​
Shipping method:
FedEx
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

female.jpg

IMG_7269 - Small.jpg

View attachment 1242389

IMG_7530_1.jpg

Last edited:

jgldsh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2015
Cypress (Houston), Texas
$175 is for 4x mirabilis, no other fees, charges, boxing, FedEx overnight in continental US.

Styrofoam lined box, oxygen, triple bagged and arrive alive/healthy guarantee.

Lemme know if questions, have videos posted on YouTube showing fry yours will be chosen from and other fry which I have sold/had.

Tank raised in pH 8.4, hard water (Houston), never seen nitrates above 40ppm, no nitrites/ammonia. Great fish, my favorate Geo. Pics dont do justice to them. 7" max, This age females are bigger than males, approx 7 months old, mine (from TheWetSpot) started spawning at 9 months. These are F2s, parents F1s, have had the original 6 for 2 years and no deaths/illnesses.

These are the fry for sale on my YouTube account (John Lambert, IMG 7292 vid)
com/watch?v=oRX91WjAr5c

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
The ones you are selling are 3"+ offspring of an F1 pair? I am interested and have wanted this species for a long time. What is the max size on these guys as adults?

jgldsh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2015
Cypress (Houston), Texas
I could not find any info regarding size (and most I did find regarding mirabilis is wrong), but mine are just at 2 years old and the biggest are right at 7".

Peaceful fish, get along with a lot of semi-aggressive SAs (angel, tapiojs, Heros, rainbows, mollys, tetras, Heckelii, a lot of different plecos and altifrons (except altis go for the eggs).

Not schooling fish, like their own territory, esp. when courtship/spawning, 4' tank good for 2 pair if you want them to breed, dithers are a must...

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I could not find any info regarding size (and most I did find regarding mirabilis is wrong), but mine are just at 2 years old and the biggest are right at 7".

Peaceful fish, get along with a lot of semi-aggressive SAs (angel, tapiojs, Heros, rainbows, mollys, tetras, Heckelii, a lot of different plecos and altifrons (except altis go for the eggs).

Not schooling fish, like their own territory, esp. when courtship/spawning, 4' tank good for 2 pair if you want them to breed, dithers are a must...
How do they compare to tapajos as an example?

jgldsh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2015
Cypress (Houston), Texas
Size? Just about the same but different body/colors...

Temperament? I would say just a bit more peaceful when not spawning, when spawning a bit more aggressive and a bit more "edgy" tend to spook easier...

Hardiness? A bit sensitive to parameter changes, +5F on a water change sent them into a bit of a shock.

Diet? Just about the same.

Tank location? Tend to say on the bottom more than taps

Tank setup? Water parms about the same, mirabilis prefer (IMO) more water movement and decorations to hid behind/retreat to.

jgldsh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2015
Cypress (Houston), Texas
$175 is for 4x mirabilis, no other fees, charges, boxing, FedEx overnight in continental US.

Styrofoam lined box, oxygen, triple bagged and arrive alive/healthy guarantee.

Lemme know if questions, have videos posted on YouTube showing fry yours will be chosen from and other fry which I have sold/had.

Tank raised in pH 8.4, hard water (Houston), never seen nitrates above 40ppm, no nitrites/ammonia. Great fish, my favorate Geo. Pics dont do justice to them. 7" max, This age females are bigger than males, approx 7 months old, mine (from TheWetSpot) started spawning at 9 months. These are F2s, parents F1s, have had the original 6 for 2 years and no deaths/illnesses.

These are the fry for sale on my YouTube account (John Lambert, IMG 7292 vid)
com/watch?v=oRX91WjAr5c

I have made a mistake, I sincerely apologize.

The fry for sale are F3s, the parents are F2s.

Once again, sorry...

Reactions: bangin87
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store