For Sale FS Two Large Albino Silver Arowanas W/ Red Tinted Eyes. Possible Pair. San Diego, CA. Pickup ONLY

pearly_heads

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2019
Price
Region
Southern California
State
California
Pickup or shipping
Pickup only
Looking to sell two of my Albino Silver Arowanas. They are approximately 20" long. They both have red tinted eyes. One has slight drop in the right eye. They are pellet trained, their diet consists of Jumbo Sticks, tilapia, meal worms, and occasionally ill throw in some feeders so they can chase.They are a possible pair as the previous owner stated that they were displaying breeding behavior and possibly laid her fry but he was also housing a red tail catfish in the same aquarium so he suspects the red tail got to them. They are beautiful fish, only reason I am selling them is I am relocating and cannot take them with me. If both are purchased together I will throw in an 11" Albino Pleco for free. I am asking $1000 for the one without the drop eye and $900 for the one that has slight drop in his right eye. You can contact me at (858-999-7421) for further questions, videos, or pictures. Thank you.

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179 2.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188 2.jpg

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Is that what an albino silver looks like? I am asking out of ignorance because I am failing to see any substantial difference versus natural colored arowana but mine are very pale too that many people think they are albino while they are not. Perhaps the paleness of my natural aros is misleading my eyes.

pearly_heads

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2019
Is that what an albino silver looks like? I am asking out of ignorance because I am failing to see any substantial difference versus natural colored arowana but mine are very pale too that many people think they are albino while they are not. Perhaps the paleness of my natural aros is misleading my eyes.

Yes, there is a substantial difference once compared side by side, I’ve had a regular silver arowana in the same tank. Albinos have a golden/yellow hue to their color as oppose to silver. However thru my research and someone correct me if Im wrong, most albino silvers have black eyes and the “true” albino silvers have a Red/pinkish tint to their eyes as these have.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
Beautiful fish. Makes me want to buy a couple and grow them out. I'm sure you will have no problem finding a buyer.

Sidenote but I always thought that albinos aren't real albinos unless they had red eyes?

Reactions: dr exum

pearly_heads

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2019
Beautiful fish. Makes me want to buy a couple and grow them out. I'm sure you will have no problem finding a buyer.

Sidenote but I always thought that albinos aren't real albinos unless they had red eyes?
Thank you. Very unfortunate I can’t keep them but yes, that’s to my understanding as well.

pearly_heads

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2019
Price drop $1400 for both must take both as I'm moving soon, will come with albino pleco. Contact me at+18589997421 for a faster response. Must pick up in San Diego, ca

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store