Fundalopanchax with discus?

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Killifish like cooler water and are not a long lived fish as it is. Not that I've tried it, but I wouldn't think they'd last long at discus temperatures.

Reactions: tlindsey

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Some rainbowfish can work ime, some rainbows are also cool water fish so probably not a good idea, but Boesmean rainbows worked for me (see temp range here). Some think rainbows are "too active" for discus, wasn't a problem for mine. I kept my discus in a variety of setups, including species only. Discus I had were intelligent and robust enough to adapt to different circumstances-- within reason, of course. :)

Apistogramma are another fish I kept with discus, some species are more colorful than others, also kept German blue rams with mine. A variety of tetras will also work. I liked having a large school of cardinal tetras with them, also liked Emperor tetras with them.

People have a lot of different theories on discus keeping-- feeding, filtration, tankmates, plants vs no plants and on and on. Not necessarily colorful, but there are some interesting catfish you can keep with discus-- or at least I did without any problems, including striped Raphael cats, Banjo cats, and Farlowella. Sucker cats like plecos not as much, discus slime coat can be a little too tempting.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store