Fungus/growth or scale damaged new red mark on another rainbow

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
So that female rainbowfish looks fine in display but last time days, has long stringy poop which I would interpret ordinarily as internal parasites. I'm just hoping it's from stress from moving and will go away.

Don't know how it could have developed this unless the new tank had some and maybe water dripped to the QT tank.

That or it has some internal issue like the make rainbow that has the swim bladder problem that is still in the QT tank.

The male is being treated with Epson salt and kanaplex. Still swimming at bottom after second dose.

I might feed my hex shield since I still have some to main tank if any other fish develops the stringy poo or that one continues to have this issue.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
I feel better about the female. Looks the same but no long clearish poop for two days. I did some research and that can be caused by stress. No other fish showing that but I'll keep watching things.

The male was having problems eating pellets. Had some gel.food.and he can eat that. Tried the Epson salt plus kanaplex and on last dose. Was a long shot, and isn't doing anything. Probably has a physical problem with the swim bladder. I guess he can keep that tank cycled if he doesn't recover, which he probably won't. He won't survive in the large tank but probably can live in the 10g.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Just giving and update since I always wonder what happened when I find threads during searches.

The male rainbow that initially had something stuck on its back died a few days ago. I think its swim bladder got damaged bc it couldn't swim properly.

The female with the red mark still has it but it's in main tank and fine. No other fish looks sick.

I kept that male.in the 10g and was feeding repashy but I guess it couldn't make it. Maybe it would have been fine if I had left him in there but I got scared when that Dority died.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store