Fuzzy dwarf lionfish

AncientFishArk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2017
New York
So,
I have finally bit the bullet and started a saltwater tank over a month ago. Yesterday I got my fuzzy dwarf lionfish fish. Ate right away at night after being in the tank for 6 hrs.

Now I usually make sure the second day after introducing a new fish to any tank that they eat the second day before starting everyother day. (In my experience it makes sure that they are settling in to the tank well)

I'm sure I have nothing to worry about because I have done some search's, found out that lion fish shedd.

However he didn't eat today and since I'm pretty new to this wanted everyones opinion. He is in a 28 gallon, he's about 1 1/2 inches now. I now I'll be getting a bigger tank soon.

It shedded a clearish white cuticle. Seems to be swimming fine, alart. Does seem like it's breathing alittle heavy. Didnt want any shrimp from what I can see. It might have ate 1 of the 2 shrimps in the tank, can't see because they could be hiding.

Water perimeters seem to be good. Saltinity is 1.023.

Any thoughts, should I worry or am I overreacting?
Thanks for the help

AncientFishArk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2017
New York
Figured I should give you a update. Still will not eat shrimp.

However, in a last stich effort, I tried some guppies. Went straight for them. No hesitation.

So until I can get him switched on frozen, looks like live guppies it is.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

AncientFishArk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2017
New York
I apologize everyone for the huge delay on update and being on the site.

I know it's been almost a year. The fuzzy dwarf did start eating. Had to throw some guppies to it but it did. I no longer have it however due to me going on a trip and the person I had taking care of it didn't do a great job unfortunately. What can you do however?

Reactions: Justepic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store