FX4 wrong plug....

lilacamy931

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Burnemouth
Just coughed up for an FX4 and it arrived today from Amazon - it has a european plug and I am based UK.

After getting thoroughly annoyed at amazon themselves im left with living with this and buying an adaptor or having to heft the large item on a blinking journey to return it (not easily).

How safe is it to use an adaptor to change to UK?

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
So amazon won’t let you return it? Amazon for me at least has been pretty good at returns especially if it was wrong.

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
Should also add, if you absolutely can’t return it, you could have a third route. I have no idea what the electricity is between the two places, but if both are 120 or 240, you could cut the plug off of it and put your own plug on it. Then you wouldn’t have to run an adapter which I would think would just add too much clutter under the tank.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Conversion plug adapters are usually not recommended for items that use a motor 24 hours a day. The other factor is the voltage or Hz might be different on the unit you bought.

I would return it and get the correct model for the UK. It's a pain to do it but you'll be happier in the long run.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store