fx5 clamp parts !!!!

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
For such small parts I'd just use the 1/8" windmill for everything. It would take longer to tool change then a few seconds saved by drilling the main hole.

Since the upgraded ones are metal couldn't they just be threaded for an m5 instead of trapping the nut like the plastic ones did? That would be faster yet.

Reactions: millerkid519

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington

Nevermind. I now see the piece holds the had of the bolt and not a nut.

Someone measure the length, diameter. Of one of these and verify its an m5 hex bolt and I'll bang out a few.

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
If it's just a recess for the head of the bolt it actually could be drilled 3/4 of the way threw and tapped for a treaded rod. That would be the easiest way. Instead of cutting the hex in. I'm also a cnc machinist/ programmer. Been doing this for 15 years

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
If it's just a recess for the head of the bolt it actually could be drilled 3/4 of the way threw and tapped for a treaded rod. That would be the easiest way. Instead of cutting the hex in. I'm also a cnc machinist/ programmer. Been doing this for 15 years
Several ways to skin this cat. Now that I see Thier part I see that the bolt head is recessed so that you can loosen the turn wheel enough and just rotate it out of the way. So whatever way it is made the bottom would need to remain smooth to allow that function.

Anyone have one of these and can measure it semi accurately? Otherwise I think I may just order a spare part of Amazon tonight.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
The OP hasn't been on since 2014.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store