G. sulcata (tortoise) temperature

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
So, it's "winter". Our lad "Wee Stomper" lives outside in the fenced 1.2 acre garden, is about 11yoa and 70~80lbs depending on breakfast.
Our previous place was down by the sea, so coldest of cold days was ~25C, hottest of hot was a debilitatingly humid 36C. We've moved up into the hills behind the town, alt. ~1600'. Hottest of hot summer is ~32C, coldest of cold winters nights ~16, but this is during storms (usually ~23) back up well into 20s as soon as the sun comes up, and usually there's plenty of hot-sun for basking.

Q: recently we've been going through a longer-term low-pressure event erring towards 2weeks, so night is a reasonable 21~23C but there's not much sunshine through the day & he's maybe not warming up as much as he'd like to. His poop seems to be less digested than normal - greener & leafier rather than brown mushier. Should I worry? Should I be supplementing diet with easier-digesting stuff?
Otherwise no notable slowing of activity, nor eye & nose watering suggesting infection/issue. I'm keeping watch, yes.
Yes, I bring him inside whenever the weatherman suggests a dip below 20C. To be honest, he seems to know & comes in on his own... not good for the wife's 1950's hardwood floors, no.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store