gachuas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick

Candiru
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
meriden ,ct
it would seem im gettin a half dozen of these bad boys this week and i wanted to know if anyone else here keeps/breeds/lieks um

i currently have a 30 gallon set up with java fern java moss and lots of driftwood and minimal lighting (like 30 watts but a part of the tank gets about 6 hours of decsent natural light) sand bottom

anythign else?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
umm
just watch the lid
i had 2 pair off a 3-4"
now at my best friends house.
duck tape the back or cover it with a towel

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
nah i dont breed them my friend does. im gonna be getting a couple to grow out to pick me a female for my male then ima ggive him the rest back

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
curently aprox 6 or 7 inchs. the breed who is friend of mine his original pair females get larger by the way. Is 10 inchs . But it also 4 years old. we dont think it gonna get any bigger but ya never no. they are a
dwarf spiecies of snakehead called channa gachua

max at 10 inchs aprox.

mine eat beefhart, pellets, flakes if i throw them in, black worms, night crawlers loves them bastards, and also the ocasional feeder but im not even sure if he ever ate a feeder yet. Ive never seen him try and eat another fish in the past year ive had him from 2 and a half inchs to his curent size.

Mild when comes to agression . Atleast in mine and the breeders personal ones we have. they will defend them selfs when provoked.
I watched mine fight with my pleco of all fish for over a hour one day you should have seen it funny ****.

Tank mates anything that cant eat it or that it cant eat. I curently have mine with the folowing
bichirs ornate, senegalis, palmas
polleni sp
jag
yellow lab
convict
texas cichlid.
granted every fish has difrent personality

When it comes to breeding them any and all tank mates will be eleminated trust me it happed to the breeder.

Watter temp mid70s is excelent. rMine have survived high 80s befor.

They breeath air . You could keep it in a bucket half filled with watter just do half watter changes once a day.

Dont ask how i no but they can survive a death tank with no filtration what so ever . everything dead except gachuas and bichir.

Theres more i no i justr cant remember it all now and i no my spelling sucks. anyone else that has had these got anything they wana ad to this. Maybe we could turn this into a profile or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store