gar half sinking?

Ohnoitstfloyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi all- anybody know whats up with my freakshow?
He looks skinny, but eats just fine. He hangs out in front of my return flow basically all day. and his back half is sinking. everybody else in the tank is doing just fine, this is a relatively new development, and I'm a bit concerned. He's been in the tank (300 gallons) for about four or five months now. everybody gets along, all is well, nobody has been added. Live food, waters great. picture a disney movie but fish. that's my tank. So I'm not 100% sure whats up with him.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE- i did move house about 6 days ago... (therefore ignore the messy garage background. We're in a temporary situation due to a series of "calling wedding off and breaking up" events. MORE IMPORTANT TO NOTE- I cant remember if he was doing this **** before or after I got the hell out of dodge.

also if anybody wants to ID that would be cool. at one point i knew. At this point ive forgotten.

thanks.

gar1.jpeg

gar2.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
They are xenentodon cancila, needle nose gar. Usually found in brackish water. Not sure what the back is sinking, suspect maybe an injury. Is it moving it’s rear section and tail?

Ohnoitstfloyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
They are xenentodon cancila, needle nose gar. Usually found in brackish water. Not sure what the back is sinking, suspect maybe an injury. Is it moving it’s rear section and tail?
He’s moving his rear section and tail. But kind of in very short swift movements. Like he’s getting around okay, but he’s definitely not slow “flapping” (best I got for a description) of fins. It’s more “calmly frantic” if that tells you anything. Like frantic movements but calm and slow?

I don’t know what I’m talking about. Send an adult.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store