Central Wisconsin
Reactions: Polyaddict86

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Update, the sand arrived today.

I will post pictures later but wanted to give people an idea of how long it takes. Was about 60 days + order to door. Sand looks dark, and was VERY dusty. Easy enough to wash and looks a lot brighter under LEDS.

Will post pictures of the color in sunlight and under black box LEDs.

Based on what I saw in person the much cheaper, ships now 36 grit may be a better option. I am not certain they even would have shipped had I not called last week and asked someone at customer service where my order was more than two months after ordering when they say "Will ship in 30-45 days" and that they will send a confirmation when they do.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
In tank and day light dry in bucket

21BAD3BE-E312-434E-9714-43D25825E653.jpeg
A98833E9-1CD2-45FE-B870-A64E577B9FF3.jpeg

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
The sand looks awesome in there. What kind of polys are you putting in the tank?
No polys yet... I have about a 6" black wolf that will do a year in grow out in there before moving to a 150.

I am hoping that this substrate will help him lighten up. He is VERY dark but also blind in one eye. A really cool fish either way, but we will see what happens when he moves into this tank.

After he moves out I am considering doing a grow out for P. delhezi and or P. weeksii...I havent done too much research on it but those are the species I am most interested in due to pattern and size. Eventually hoping to do a fairly large tank (8x4') for some bichir, gar, and maybe a bowfin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store