Garnet Sand!!!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It's nice stuff and incredibly popular with poly keepers due to how it affects the fish colour and patterns.

Reactions: EnbyNewbie

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
It's nice stuff and incredibly popular with poly keepers due to how it affects the fish colour and patterns.
That's exactly why I got it, everyone here swears by it and my polys patterns and colour were starting to fade due to me having white sand and a bare bottom! The sand itself looks incredible and I know my polys gonna look stunning too!!

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
Nice sand, if you have a black or blue background your polys pattern will pop out more, also light plays a important role.
Awesome thank you!! I'll defs put something black in the back!! And yeah, he gets more lighting than his friend who i had to separate him from (hes very sad about this, he sulks in his log all day now), and his friend has much bolder patterns and darker coloration!

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Awesome thank you!! I'll defs put something black in the back!! And yeah, he gets more lighting than his friend who i had to separate him from (hes very sad about this, he sulks in his log all day now), and his friend has much bolder patterns and darker coloration!
Yeah this fish like the tank abit dark, ive noticed they get more active with darker tank, also giving them sunlight for a few hrs helps them have those nice patterns, then keep the lights off at night.

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
Yeah this fish like the tank abit dark, ive noticed they get more active with darker tank, also giving them sunlight for a few hrs helps them have those nice patterns, then keep the lights off at night.
Yeah that's exactly what I do! Light in the day, dark at night!

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
What’s the Brand of the Garnet
What’s the Color advertised
What’s the Grain/Grit Mesh Size #
What Country or u.s. state was this purchased from

It looks Great ?

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
What’s the Brand of the Garnet
What’s the Color advertised
What’s the Grain/Grit Mesh Size #
What Country or u.s. state was this purchased from

It looks Great ?
The brand is Opta Minerals Inc., I have no idea what the colour advertised is cuz I ordered Barton sand and they didn't have any more, so they gave me this one and said it was similar, but the colour itself is a beautiful purpleish maroon colour, it's 30/60 g, and it was purchased in Southern California in Rancho Cucamonga from Kleen Blast!!!

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
The brand is Opta Minerals Inc., I have no idea what the colour advertised is cuz I ordered Barton sand and they didn't have any more, so they gave me this one and said it was similar, but the colour itself is a beautiful purpleish maroon colour, it's 30/60 g, and it was purchased in Southern California in Rancho Cucamonga from Kleen Blast!!!
Its similar to the emerald creek sand that kleenblast sell.
Dont mind the bichirs?

ED64AB25-21B3-4343-B971-37331D275DB8.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store