MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ok let me rephrase that

my gators take there ****s on the land
when i do weekly w/c
frish i spray the land with the python to spray the **** into the water
then i suck out most the water and fill it up

once a month. i take all the animals out, all the decor out and clean up the tank fill it up 4 times. untill spotless :)

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
piranha45 said:
Just my opinion here, but I think after water changes, you should have the gravel so thoroughly siphoned that there is no more debris left to fly up after adding new water-- especially when it comes to keeping reptiles.
correct. that will totally defeat the purpose of a change... the new water is now just as bad as the water taken out. theoretically.

also... you asked me why i was harsh on you? well, for 1 please look at that small edible fish in the alligator tank to the right.

your keeping a small Peacockbass in your alligator tank because you dont have another tank for him... why do you have a cichla?

thats quite disturbing. Even in a temporary situation.. disturbing.

come on bro, your smart, i know this. There is no reason for that fish to be in that tank, unless the gator does not eat fish...

Aside from that, i like the tanks. Thats great the people you live with dont care about them. it makes life fun and worthwhile.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
that p bass was in there b4 i had the gator and was moved out that day
that pic was when i frist put the gator in

that p-bass in happy in a 8x 2.5x 2 at around 8" with 3 others

as for my w/c methods
i dont have fish. the neons were suppost to be feeders(got them for free)

and after i clean the land, then i do a normal w/c about 50%
maybe you miss under stood

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
PeacockBass said:
Aside from that, i like the tanks. Thats great the people you live with dont care about them. it makes life fun and worthwhile.
thanks, i take pride in my aquascaping
my mom is cool about it b/c i chip in on the electric

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
You flush the poop on the rocks into the water. Then you change 50% of the water. That is what I was addressing; I don't think its good.

you should suck up ALL the water. Any water left in there is still full of urine and feces. I realize its impossible to get 100% of the urine and fecal content out of a water, but I think you should be aiming for 99% nonetheless. Change 100% of the water; not 50% of 75%. Just my opinion.

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
piranha45 said:
You flush the poop on the rocks into the water. Then you change 50% of the water. That is what I was addressing; I don't think its good.

you should suck up ALL the water. Any water left in there is still full of urine and feces. I realize its impossible to get 100% of the urine and fecal content out of a water, but I think you should be aiming for 99% nonetheless. Change 100% of the water; not 50% of 75%. Just my opinion.

you are correct.

By washing the **** into the water you are making the water much more toxic then it was.. and then by taking out half the water, you are nearly back where you started..

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i do 2 w/c after

they love the powerhead
i have 3 in there

they like sitting in front of it and the water hits them in the face

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com