Gel-Tek for Internal Parasites?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Ive come across this 'Gel-Tek' medication a few different times. It's a jelly type medication that you squeeze into the water, and the fish readily consume it.

It is Metro and Prazi based, and has Flubenol(?) in it..

My question is, could it be used to inject into earthworms for internal parasites? I have tried to inject Metro before but had a hard time getting the solution through a syringe. I am wondering if the jelly form meds would inject easier?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
That is exactly how I treated my chinese perch and it worked well. I have no experience with it on rays though.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Miles;798526; said:
Ive come across this 'Gel-Tek' medication a few different times. It's a jelly type medication that you squeeze into the water, and the fish readily consume it.

It is Metro and Prazi based, and has Flubenol(?) in it..

My question is, could it be used to inject into earthworms for internal parasites? I have tried to inject Metro before but had a hard time getting the solution through a syringe. I am wondering if the jelly form meds would inject easier?
That is a great idea. The gel material should inject properly with a medium gauge syringe. Hit up your local heroin addict. Or just hit the skinny twerp and take one. LOL

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
Haha... good point. I'll call a vet and see if we can steal a syringe from him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store