General Brackish Questions and F8 Puffers Z_Z

Icedcoldmine

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, so in craigslist someone was giving away 4 free f8 puffers and I picked them up for my 55 gallon. Filter was cycled but didn't acclimate bacteria so now im stumped, what do I do?

The f8 puffers are fine except 1 likes nipping at all of them, should I rehome him?

the salinity is 1.008 is this ok?

For final stocking I'm looking at 7 BB Gobies, Sailfin Mollies, Maybe some Platies, and Guppies. And whatever else won't overload the tank Z_Z

I have bladder and ramshorn snails and dropped 2 medium sized ones in the tank, they picked at them but didn't really try to break their shell. I had to go to school so I didn't see the rest. They also won't try the Fluval Bug Bites.

Questions about these guys is how many snails should I feed them (4 F8's) per day? I have black gravel in the tank right now, is that ok or should I switch it? And would sand overlapping with gravel be better? Do they prefer a planted or unplanted terrarium? Do they like driftwood, rocks, and big shells?

Also what plants can survive in this salinity? Or at least thrive? What temp should the tank be kept at?

- Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store