General POTM MAY Discussion Thread

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
Hey everyone.

Just want to Congratulate Hiro on his win in the General POTM May. The moment I saw the photo I knew it would do really well. It's just such a cool capture. Hiro also got this month's 2nd place in the aquatic to follow up last month's win. Congrats, bud.

Let's discuss the photos for a second. This is not JUST a thread to congratulate the winner, but to discuss the photos in the contest. Why you liked particular photos, what was it that you found interesting about them. How they measured up......

Also, please dont forget to submit a photo for the JUNE POTMs (both of them). Participation is the key!

hir0

MFK Member
Oct 16, 2004
Azores, Portugal
personally i was excited to see a photo of a sloth. very cool creature. i liked the horned guys also (sorry i'm clueless). the shape of their horns is really interesting - and peligrins sunset was very soothing.... good job to everyone. I'm flattered and surprised i won.

phishphorphun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2005
Maryland, USA
I absolutely had no doubt this was my choice for the general photo of the month. I have logged thousands of hours on the water when I chartered, this shot reminded me of so many bird fishing scenes I've witnessed. The capture was so realistic, as if I was behind the rod watching the action from my boat. Great shot hir0. congrats :-D

Peligrin

Feeder Fish
Feb 13, 2005
Mechanicsville, VA
This was such an awesome shot! I gave it my highest score this month. The blur of the fins against the clarity of the rest of the picture demonstrates just how much the fish was fighting for its life. It truly was a life and death situation!

Congratulations, hir0! You were in the right place at the right time!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store