Geo Tapajo pair spawn in community tank.

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Should work ime if they have a spot they can retreat to and guard when they're so inclined. When I had them I had no trouble breeding in a community with an L200 pleco and a few other cichlids. At a certain size I'd collect up the fry and move them to a growout tank.

stiker

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
Should work ime if they have a spot they can retreat to and guard when they're so inclined. When I had them I had no trouble breeding in a community with an L200 pleco and a few other cichlids. At a certain size I'd collect up the fry and move them to a growout tank.
I agree. I had a group in a 180G with other cichlid species and various Characins and Catfish and they were able to spawn and raise the fry.

Dave62

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Nice looking Tapajos! After a couple of spawns they definitely get the hang of it. Just moved my pairs 4th spawn today - probably close to 100 fry 3-4 weeks old; had to move them cause they were taking over the whole tank. The parents held 7 hungry discus at bay for almost a month, had them herded into one corner of a 110 gallon. I was actually ”bit” twice today by one of the pair while removing the fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store