Getting back in

CatchyUserName

Feeder Fish
Aug 17, 2019
Hello everyone! First post here. Im getting back into the hobby after several years away. Anyway, I was very excited to start looking for rare and unusual fish and moseyed on over to Jeff Rapps site and noticed that he has sadly closed up shop. I had bought several fish from Jeff in the past including an amazing pair of wild caught C. frenata from Trinidad. Is there any other places online like Jeff had? I’m really going to miss visiting his site. On a side note has anyone had any dealings with glass cages dot com (not allowed to post links yet)? Thinking about getting a tank from them because they are fairly close to me. Thanks for any information you can help me out with.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Welcome back to the hobby...

Sadly Jeff decided it was finally time to retire and closed up shop... not sure if anyone took over the business but sadly hes not doing it anymore...

As for unusual fish, what types are you into coz im sure someone here will be able to point you in the right direction or give the vendors section here a look, maybe you’ll find something you like on one of their lists ;)

I cant answer about glasscages but again im sure other members who’ve dealt with them will chime in soon enough...

CatchyUserName

Feeder Fish
Aug 17, 2019
I was thinking about starting with the 50 tall from glass cages. 36x18x17. Heavily planted with co2 injection. Normally I’m very into pike cichlids, but I believe that tank will be quite a bit small for any species of pike. So I’m kinda up for suggestions for what to stock in it. Just don’t want the hum drum everybody and their brother has them fish from petco.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Not sure if you’re into smaller fish species but in recent years there have been a lot of Stiphodon gobies from Asia being discovered with some amazing colors... could make a pretty colorful and interesting planted tank to mix with other friendly fish...

CatchyUserName

Feeder Fish
Aug 17, 2019
I haven’t tested any ph yet. Unfortunately it’s city water so it’s going to need conditioning before it goes in the tank. Still in the initial phases of starting all this back up.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store