Getting rid of Cyano

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
How do you get rid of cyano? Almost every single tank i have has been taken over by cyano. It looks horrible and its killing the plants.... :help2:

So what can i do to get rid of cyano?

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

Blue-green algae (cyano bacteria) are tough to get rid of :irked: . The only remedy that I have successfully used against them was Redoxin from Aqua Technic. That's sold in Germany, but you may be able to get it off e-bay.

Besides that, I recommend frequent, big water changes (5-7x/week) during which you thoroughly remove any blue-green algae you can spot.

Good luck,

HarleyK

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
Howdy,

Blue-green algae (cyano bacteria) are tough to get rid of :irked: . The only remedy that I have successfully used against them was Redoxin from Aqua Technic. That's sold in Germany, but you may be able to get it off e-bay.

Besides that, I recommend frequent, big water changes (5-7x/week) during which you thoroughly remove any blue-green algae you can spot.

Good luck,

HarleyK
Does phosphate cause cyano? If so, i do not know if water changes will help because i tested the tap water today and the phosphate level is between 1 and 2 ppm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store