CorryC

Feeder Fish
Nov 14, 2022
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Please help. 2yo bgk. Water parameters all fine. No changes. Came home the other night to him looking like this. Seems to be eating fine and swimming his “normal” ways. Normal being an understatement for a bgk.
I threw some salt in The tank and have been dosing with melafix for 3 days. Will continue for 4 more days unless there is any other suggestions.
Tried posting a video, but haven’t had any luck.

1F214062-FBA6-4DED-B654-1DE82BF3FC5E.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Please help. 2yo bgk. Water parameters all fine. No changes. Came home the other night to him looking like this. Seems to be eating fine and swimming his “normal” ways. Normal being an understatement for a bgk.
I threw some salt in The tank and have been dosing with melafix for 3 days. Will continue for 4 more days unless there is any other suggestions.
Tried posting a video, but haven’t had any luck.

View attachment 1506648
Welcome aboard
Hopefully someone will chime in with what caused that tbh I've never seen a BGK Bloated.

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Oh dang. I’d try some epsom salt, 3tbsp per 5g and kanamycin or maracyn2.

Reactions: tlindsey

CorryC

Feeder Fish
Nov 14, 2022
Oh dang. I’d try some epsom salt, 3tbsp per 5g and kanamycin or maracyn2.
Maracyn will be here tomorrow. Hoping that works. As for the epsom salt: that amount equals almost 2 and a half pounds of salt. (120 gallon tank). Just making sure. That sounds like an awful lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store