Giant Asian Freshwater Stingray and Other Monsterfish at Bangkok

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
I got to see all the famous monsters: giant Asian freshwater stingray (Himantura chaophraya), arapaima (Arapaima gigas), giant black pacus, alligator gar (Atractosteus spatula), giant snakehead, and a variety of different marine sharks. All of these monster fish are at the Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World (formally known as Siam Ocean World). Even their tilapia are huge, like really huge. So check it out!!!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Cool video vitaly, thanks for sharing. I haven't been there in about 3 or 4 years, when it was Siam Ocean World. Regarding the Tigerfish, yeah, all of the huge ones I've seen here in aquariums or fish shops have been quite discolored -- the only vibrantly colored big'uns I've ever seen were pictures of wild fish caught by fishermen. Also I didn't know FW stingray could get that heavy, wow, learn something new every day.

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Cool video vitaly, thanks for sharing. I haven't been there in about 3 or 4 years, when it was Siam Ocean World. Regarding the Tigerfish, yeah, all of the huge ones I've seen here in aquariums or fish shops have been quite discolored -- the only vibrantly colored big'uns I've ever seen were pictures of wild fish caught by fishermen. Also I didn't know FW stingray could get that heavy, wow, learn something new every day.
thanks. i wished they would have kept the giant stingray in better conditions. he just doesn't look happy

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Does anyone else wonder where they got the giant stingray from? Or how much it costed them?

Alvin lam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2011
singapore
I got to see all the famous monsters: giant Asian freshwater stingray (Himantura chaophraya), arapaima (Arapaima gigas), giant black pacus, alligator gar (Atractosteus spatula), giant snakehead, and a variety of different marine sharks. All of these monster fish are at the Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World (formally known as Siam Ocean World). Even their tilapia are huge, like really huge. So check it out!!!
Thanks for sharing that giant stingray is lovely

Reactions: vitaly
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store